July 28, 2013

Cook with me: Summer smoothie

"Part of the secret of success in life is to eat what you like and let the food fight it out inside." - Mark Twain

Hello everyone,


it is getting hotter day by day here in Slovenia. Perfect weather for going to the seaside. But, there is one problem - when the temperature rises, my appetite falls. It is hard to eat the same kind of food that we consume during wintertime, right? 


From my experience, the best thing to keep my stomach full for a while is a freshly prepared smoothie. It contains a lot of vitamins (which is super good for the body) and its taste is also delicious. This is why I decided to share with you my favorite smoothie recipe which I named the Summer smoothie - I bet you don't know why I named it like this!





Ingredients (for 2 smoothies):

5 to 8 ice cubes
2 cups of milk (regular, soy, coconut, almond, rice etc.)
1 banana
1 cup of raspberries (fresh or frozen)
1 tablespoon of oatmeal


Method:
Just mix all ingredients listed above in a blender for a minute or two and it is done! Serve in a glass jar and enjoy your creation.


(Donkey likes this smoothie too as you can see.)

What do you like to eat/drink during hot summer days?

Best wishes,


Vanja

No comments:

Post a Comment