I decided to write a DIY post about how to bring old shirts back to life. This is the first part, because I will write down more options in the future posts.
To start with, DIY stands for do it yourself . If you have any old out-of-date shirts, long or short sleeved (it doesn't really matter) which you don't like to wear anymore, then keep on reading.
How to make a crop top
(The "before" picture looks kind of funny because it was taken after I cut everything off.)
What you will need:
an old shirt
pencil or pen
- Try on the shirt and mark how short you want it (I would suggest till the belly button so you don't show off too much skin). Also mark the sleeves if you want to shorten them.
- Lay the shirt on a flat surface and with the ruler draw a straight horizontal line where you have marked previously.
- Cut, cut, cut! Cut off the bottom part of the shirt and the sleeves. You can also cut around the collar area.
- Try on the shirt again and repeat the process if the shirt is still too long for you.
- Gently pull on fabric to remove jagged edges.
Did you like this idea/post?
Now it is your turn!