July 20, 2014

Cook with me: Chocolate Apple Cake (raw, vegan, dairy-free)

Hello everyone,

my food-loving-cooking-baking-creating side is at its best form these days. I started to write down all the recipes that caught my eye, some of them were already recreated and many more are still waiting in the line! Blame the holidays or too much free time, but I like this mood. And anyone who tried my food creations (especially desserts) likes it even more.
I've totally fallen for raw food where no cooking or baking is required, just combining ingredients and mixing them together. About a week ago, I made my second raw cake - a healthy Chocolate apple cake - vegan and dairy-free! It is pretty similar to the Banana strawberry chocolate cake. And as always, it is so easy to make!



Recipe:

Base (1st layer):
100 g mixed nuts (I used walnuts and hazelnuts)
100 g oats
50 g coconut flour
50 g coconut palm sugar
200 g medjool dates, pitted
2 tablespoons coconut oil (not melted)

Filling (2nd layer):
2-3 apples (medium size), grated
1 tsp cinnamon
3 tbsp coconut flour

Chocolate cream (3rd layer):
170 g medjool dates, pitted
1 cup water
50 g raw cocoa powder
2 tablespoons coconut oil (not melted)

Preparation:
1. For the base, mix all ingredients in a food processor into a dough and press it firmly into a cake tin.
2. Mix together the grated apples, cinnamon and coconut flour. Add the mixture on top of the dough. 
3. For the chocolate cream, mix the dates in a food processor until you don't get a lump. Next, add water to get a thick, creamy consistency. The last step is to add cocoa powder and coconut oil to the mixture. Then, put the cream over the apple layer.
4. Let the cake cool down in the fridge for about 2-3 hours before serving.



Believe me, raw cakes taste as good as ordinary baked cakes if not even better (oh yes, they do)! Still in doubts? Well, then you seriously need to make one or two!

By the way, there is still some time left to enter my GIVEAWAY (previous post) which ends today at 8 PM! The winner will be announced on Facebook no later than tomorrow.

Have a sunny week,

Vanja

No comments:

Post a Comment