August 18, 2013

DIY: Hair bow

“You can't use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have.” - Maya Angelou

Hello everyone,


it's been a while ago since I've done a DIY (do it yourself) project so I decided to make a new one and write about it in this post. Today I will show you how to make a hair bow! I bet this is one of the easiest DIY's ever! No sewing required. Great, right? And you need only a few supplies. I wonder why I did not make myself some cute hair bows before...




Let's start!

What you will need:

1) some pieces of fabric (mine are the leftovers from the crop tops I made out of old shirts, tutorial HERE)
2) scissors
3) fabric glue (or glue for every material)
4) one or two heavy books



How to make it:

1) Take a piece of fabric, fold all four edges to create the shape of a rectangle and glue them to stay in place.
2) Put the rectangular fabric under a very heavy book (or two, like I did) for 10 to 15 minutes so the glue has time to dry a little bit.
3) Now take the fabric and fold it in the middle (as shown in the picture) to create the shape of a bow. Then, with the glue bond the folds and squeeze them together for a few minutes so the glue can dry.
4) From another piece of fabric, cut off a strip of fabric, put it around the center of the bow and of course, glue it.







5) Leave the bow to dry completely for a couple of hours.
6) To convert it into a hair bow:
     - take one or two bobby pins and put them through the strip of fabric on the back, or
     - take a larger hair clip and glue it on the back of the bow.



And you are done! You can make a ton of them, I know I will. Next time, I will show you how to use this cute little thing in a hairstyle. Now I have to get back to studying.


Happy Sunday!


Vanja

No comments:

Post a Comment